As far as property management software goes, the industry is full of alternatives that tend to deliver almost the same thing. Almost! Many vacation rental and property management software promise to make life easier for owners and managers alike. While this claim is true, for the most part, there are some systems that work better than others.
Whether it’s how user-friendly the interface is or how easy it is to learn the system and what kind of additional features you get once you pay for your subscription, there are just certain aspects of every software that sets it apart from the competition.
That being said, VRScheduler, Breezeway and Properly are some of the best vacation rental and property management software in the market today. Let’s take a quick look at how these major players stack up against one another to try and determine which one is better and for what purposes.
VRScheduler is a highly intuitive vacation rental and housekeeping management software designed to help property owners and managers to smoothly run their day to day activities as far as the management of their properties is concerned.
VRScheduler allows different vendors to update the system and streamline employee task scheduling as need be. You can simply drag and drop a scheduling calendar for vendors such as cleaning companies, security companies, hot tub service companies, and so on.
The system supports tasks generation, report generation, task completion notifications, checklist alerts and quite simply automates vacation rental operations for simpler and more efficient management.
VRScheduler Key Features:
- Calendar Management
- Third-Party Integration
- Reporting & Statistics
- Activity Dashboard
- Automatic Notifications
- Bookings sync from AirBnB, Homeaway & more
- Airbnb, Beds24, HomeAway integration
- You can auto-import booking from a host of other channels including Airbnb, LiveRez and HomeAway
- The system auto-generates a tasks checklist based on key activities such as check-outs/ins, mid stays and mid vacancies
- You can easily manage staffing and scheduling using a drag and drop module which is color coded
- The system sends you automatic alerts when there are any issues or overdue tasks
- Best suited for a midsized business
- Can be a little taxing to learn
Breezeway was designed to suit people who own or manage vacation rentals, corporate housing, residential managers, resorts, hostels, hotels, and cleaning service companies, among other service providers.
The system combines deep data with excellent field management plus messaging capabilities to streamline your vacation rental management processes by having them all in one platform. If you want to ensure that every single one of your properties is properly cleaned on time, thoroughly inspected regularly and well maintained, then this is the right system for you.
Breezeway Key Features:
- Maintenance Management
- Vacancy Management
- Property Database
- Housekeeping Management
- Vendor Management
- Reservations Management
- Work Order Management
- Information regarding every listed property is kept well organized
- It’s easy to learn and use
- Has excellent customer service and support
- It’s highly responsive and works well across different devices included tablets
- The reports can be a bit cumbersome and complicated to read
This is a web-based housekeeping and maintenance tool that allows people who own and manage short-term rental properties to oversee their businesses efficiently. Perfectly designed for those who list their properties on home-sharing platforms such as Airbnb, Properly allows you to do things like schedule cleanings, create an interactive checklist, receive images of “finished work” as well as updates or problem reports as necessary. It easily integrates with third-party platforms to put everything into one easy to manage central dashboard.
Properly Key Features:
- Vendor Management
- Contact Management
- Work Order Management
- Housekeeping Management
- Easy to use
- Offers image or photo uploads for completed tasks which is a wonderful verification tool
- Is available in several languages
- Sends out problem notifications
- You can easily add and integrate new properties as your business grows
- Doesn’t accept payments through PayPal
With Properly, you can easily set up and integrate your properties from a variety of devices, including your phone. The fact that it also comes in various languages makes this a wonderful tool for people who own properties across the globe.
VRScheduler Vs Breezeway Vs Properly Main Differences
From the overviews, you can tell that this software all has something to offer the user. It’s all a matter of what the user needs for his/her business to run smoothly. Let’s take a look at one of the key differences that may end up tipping the scales in favor of one software of the others:
Pricing is a huge factor considering the fact that you will be adding an additional expense to your bottom-line. However, just because one software is cheaper than the others doesn’t give it an edge. It’s all about getting value for your money. That being said, here are the different prices for these three software options:
- VRScheduler: $40/month subscription basis. This gives you up to 20 properties; you will be required to pay an additional $2/month/additional property. You also get a free trial period with no credit card required.
- Properly: $5.40/property/month. This gives you unlimited jobs sends per month and is charged yearly. You can, however, get a free basic version that allows you to send up to 2 jobs every month. There is a free trial period with no credit card required. There is also a Pro version that goes for $10/property/month that offers you unlimited jobs sent every month.
- Breezeway: The vendor doesn’t openly disclose the pricing per month, but you can get a free demo, and if you like the software, get a quote for your desired specifications.
Which Is Better: VRScheduler vs Breezeway Vs Properly
When it comes to deciding which is better: VRScheduler vs Breezeway Vs Properly, it all honestly comes down to what you want the software to do for your company. If you are looking for a simple task manager that will put you on top of all your associated vendors, then you want to go for something like Properly which even has the ability to send images of completed tasks.
However, if you want something that will help you manage as well as market your properties across various channels, then you want something like VRScheduler. Breezeway, on the other hand, is easy to use and keeps the data on your properties well organized.
The best way to decide is to make use of the free trial period offered by these software options to get a feel of how it works and whether or not you are comfortable with the user interface, customer support and how well it integrates into your business model.